Sunday 24 January 2010

Cross Country Skiing

On Sunday, Malcolm and I headed off with our friends Sophie and Craig to Garmisch-Partenkirchen to try some cross country skiing.


It took us two and a half hours to get there by train but the scenery was well worth it.  Garmisch is a ski town which holds many international ski competitions and you can get to the top of the tallest mountain in Germany there.  It is very beautiful.  Our friends had cross country skiied before, Malcolm had many years ago and I was a total novice but how hard could it be?


The answer to this was VERY!  This type of skiing is a great workout I kept getting told.  I knew I should have spent more time on the cross trainer back home as this is the sort of movement you do.  It took me quite a while to get my arms and legs coordinated.  We did this for a couple of hours and we were very tired at the end of it (and very sore the next few days).  We found a restaurant and rested with beer, sausages and more beer before the train ride home - which seemed quite short, probably because we slept most of the way :)

1 comment:

  1. How surprising "Ingrid not coordinated"!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the restaurant, beer and more beer - that's more believable.

    Really enjoying the blog guys. Although very jealous. All our love.

    Tim and Chelle xxx

    ReplyDelete

Followers